Cevian is seeking to add an experienced sustainability professional to augment our day-to-day efforts with large European public companies. The role is multi-faceted, with an opportunity to make a signifcant contribution in three main areas:
- Together with our portfolio company case teams, work at the company level to assess sustainability-related value-creation potential, help realize that potential through hands-on engagement, identify and analyze sustainability-related risks, forecast the implications of regulatory changes such as the EU taxonomy, new accounting/reporting standards, etc.;
- Monitoring and reporting on sustainability-related initiatives and characteristics across the Cevian portfolio, including adapting to new regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Driving broader policy initiatives, such as creating incentives and accountability for corporate sustainability performance by inserting high-quality ESG metrics in pay plans.
The right person is likely to have most or all of the below characteristics:
- 5-10 years’ experience working with various aspects of sustainability at investment firms, consulting firms, corporates, or equity research;
- Good domain expertise in environmental/emissions issues, trends and opportunities;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills (in English);
- Diligent and well-organized;
- Both an independent thinker and proven team player;
- Willing and able to undertake the work, not just manage others;
- Based in London, or possibly Stockholm, Pfaffikon, or Jersey
Interested parties should contact London@ceviancapital.com. All approaches will be kept strictly confidential.
Cevian is a long-term, long-only investor in mid-cap and large-cap European public companies. We use hands-on, active ownership to advance value-creation initiatives designed to make our tightly-focused portfolio of companies fundamentally better and more valuable. Alongside improvements in strategy, corporate structure, operations, capital structure and governance, we advance sustainability improvements that we believe create long-term value and reduce risk at our companies.