METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We have a strong track-record in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) areas demonstrated by the results of our long-standing GreenMT corporate responsibility program. To further support our expanding efforts in this area we are looking for a Sustainability Manager 80-100% (f/m/d).
This position reports to the Head of Sustainability for the METTLER TOLEDO group and is located at our global operational headquarters in Greifensee, Zurich.
In this role, your responsibilities would include:
- Contributing to the implementation, monitoring and further development of METTLER TOLEDO's corporate responsibility strategy together with other members of the GreenMT team in a pragmatic way and in close cooperation with group functions and business units
- Playing a leading role in the collection, analysis and aggregation of the company's sustainability information and data for internal and external reporting purposes, including our annual corporate responsibility report (CRR) and submissions to various sustainability indices, rating agencies, customers, and other stakeholders
- Managing the data platform (currently Sphera) and processes for collection and validation of sustainability data provided by our operating units globally
- Supporting the GreenMT team in further building up processes and data models to track relevant sustainability data including Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions
- Providing ad hoc analysis and reports of various company and/or external data (incl. competitor benchmarking and sustainability market trend research) to support key sustainability and other company initiatives
What You Need to Succeed
The following requirements are necessary for this role:
- You have a bachelor or master degree in business, economics, finance, sciences or other relevant field with at least three years of relevant work experience with a focus on corporate environmental sustainability. Additional training/coursework related to corporate sustainability is a plus.
- You have practical experience with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks, platforms and organizations (e.g. GRI, CDP, EcoVadis, Sedex, etc.)
- We expect strong analytical skills; pleasure and proficiency in working with numbers, calculations, and large data sets
- You are a professional in using Microsoft Excel and other common business software applications like MS PowerPoint Word, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are a must, German is a plus
- You feel comfortable working independently, while understanding how and when to seek help
Our Offer to You
- Flexible working hours (depending on the role), a hybrid work model, and a wide portfolio of training opportunities
- A 40-hour work week with at least 25 vacation days per year, plus 4 to 7 additional days off between bank holidays
- Free parking and direct access to public transport
- Healthy lunches cooked onsite at our own METTLER TOLEDO restaurant, with special prices for employees
- A range of additional attractive benefits, including employee discounts at select area businesses
You can expect challenging, interesting, and varied tasks in an innovative and international environment, with the opportunity to network globally and realize your next career goal.
Have we raised your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We consider only direct applications.