Are you an experienced Risk Professional with a keen interest in Sustainability/ESG or an experienced Sustainability/ESG Professional with a keen interest in Risk? Are you keen to play an active role in shaping the future of Sustainability/ESG Risk Management in a global financial services firm? Are you familiar with critical regulatory developments (including SFDR, the EU Taxonomy, TCFD, CSRD etc.) and thought leadership in this domain?
As a member of the Second Line of Defence Risk team, you will have the opportunity to drive how the Group future-proofs its approach to managing, mitigating and monitoring Sustainability/ESG risk. Your involvement will be far-reaching, involving multiple Client Units and Support Functions and covering a blend of ‘Business as Usual’ activity as well as the design, implementation, ongoing maintenance and keeping current of a Sustainability Risk Framework. Your ability to work with minimal supervision, to own and see through to completion sizeable projects and initiatives as well as your adaptability will be critical.
- Strong skills and experience in risk management or Sustainability/ESG; data analysis skills a bonus;
- Familiarity with the development and implementation of sustainability and climate risk and/or risk management frameworks within financial services;
- Strong knowledge of and interest in regulatory developments impacting Sustainability Risk and/or financial institutions with a particular focus on Switzerland and the EU;
- At least 5 years of Financial services experience, ideally in a Risk, Sustainability or Consulting role;
- A broad understanding of banking/asset management business models, processes and governance;
- Knowledge of risk methodologies including ESG risk assessments and integrating Sustainability Risk into enterprise risk management processes would be a bonus;
- A commitment to excellence with a strong eye for detail;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with an ability to tailor your style to the audience;
- A strong professional working knowledge of both German and English.
- Delivery-oriented with an ability to transition from ‘design and development’ into ‘business as usual’ while keeping an eye on the bigger picture;
- Flexible and able to manage multiple competing priorities many of which may have complex dependencies;
- Creative in finding solutions, structured in their implementation;
- Able to take ownerships of relationships, projects and deliverables;
- Self-aware, committed to your own development and able to both give and receive feedback;
- Able to develop, maintain and enjoy effective working relationship with people from different levels and with cross-functional expertise;
- An analytical person that is able to translate complex regulatory requirements into practical solutions.
What we offer
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking and our methodology and we work with mutual trust
- Teamwork is important to us: We always exchange valuable knowledge and skills with each other - One Vontobel
- Our work culture is characterized by short communication channels and direct cross-departmental contact and information exchange
- We offer the option for home office (Flexible working times), diverse benefits and provide a first-class lunch menu when you work in the office
- Navigate the complexities of a relatively new and emerging Risk Type (Sustainability/ESG Risk) as part of a small but highly regarded team based in Zurich;
- Engage directly with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to operate and further develop the Sustainability/ESG Risk Framework and the tools, policies and processes for effective risk management;
- Disseminate the Framework and its principles via targeted training and ongoing awareness initiatives;
- Conduct the annual ESG Risk assessment; review and further develop the existing risk assessment matrix, assess and review new ESG risk drivers and improve the tools and methodologies used;
- Act as deputy for the Head of ESG Risk and represent Sustainability Risk in appropriate participation in working groups, steering committees and governance fora as required;
- Liaise with a range of colleagues (including Primary Risk, Compliance, Corporate Social Responsibility) to review transactions which carry elevated Sustainability/ESG risk; stay current in practices relating to portfolio monitoring and investment control;
- Monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) relating to Sustainability/ESG risk, identify trends and work with process and control owners where remediation is required; lead the annual review cycle of the KRIs, propose updates and design further KRIs as relevant;
- Oversee the annual climate scenario analysis and stress testing exercise; work together with a range of colleagues to propose updates to the existing set of scenarios and further develop the tools and methodologies used:
- Prepare presentations and report to the various fora such as the Sustainability Committee or the Risk and Audit Committee; drive the implementation of both new and existing sustainability reporting requirements on matters related to ESG risk for both mandatory and voluntary external disclosures such as: annual sustainability report, TCFD report, the upcoming CSRD directive.