FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Find out more about our sustainable campaigns and projects on www.four-paws.org
Would you like to contribute to something meaningful and work with us along our mission? This is your chance. We are looking for dedicated people to enrich our team.
Your contribution will be
- Developing and implementing an integrated lobbying strategy to ensure that legislation and political agendas take animal welfare into account in line with FOUR PAWS' mission, strategy and policies.
- Establishing and expanding of the advocacy network and representation of FOUR PAWS' activities.
- Observing, analysing and evaluating political and social developments and legislative proposals, mainly at the federal level, but also at the cantonal level.
- Developing and implementing public affairs activities.
- Representing of FOUR PAWS advocacy issues in animal protection groups and coalitions .
- Preparing briefings, position papers, statements and presentations for legislative institutions, interest groups and media representatives.
- Adapting the advocacy perspective of international campaigns to the Swiss national context.
- Cooperating closely with Campaigning and other departments of FOUR PAWS Switzerland and FOUR PAWS International.
- Managing and collaborating with the Policy Officer.
Your profile ideally illustrates
- Education in political science, government relations, law, sustainability, public administration or related field, or equivalent experience / background / experience in agricultural science an asset
- Several years of related professional experience
- Existing political network at the federal level an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of political processes, legislative procedures and the functioning of political parties, parliaments, ministries and civil society organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills / negotiation skills
- Fluency in German and good command of English (minimum level B2), good knowledge of French an advantage.
- Very organized and able to maintain an overview in a dynamic environment
- Strong affinity for animal welfare and FOUR PAWS' issues and values
- Please note that due to our political neutrality as an NGO, we are unfortunately not able to consider elected officials.
Our offer includes:
- The opportunity to truly contribute to global animal welfare
- A multinational team with the spirit of being ONE FOUR PAWS
- A modern workplace in Zurich, easily accessible by public transport
- 5 weeks’ vacation and extra family days at the end of the year
- Flexible and family friendly working arrangements including option of up to 50% remote work
- A dog-friendly workplace
FOUR PAWS works towards a world filled with respect, empathy and understanding for animals and believes in the same values for people: we strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to apply as we welcome everyone who wants to support our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance applying to this position.
All interested individuals are invited to submit their applications for the position. Please note that in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, having a valid work permit for the respective country or being eligible to obtain one is a requirement for this position prior to commencing employment.
Be part of a good cause and apply for your next professional challenge with your application materials in German to