BlueEarth Capital is a Switzerland-based global impact investment firm with offices in New York and London. We aim to address critical social and environmental challenges while achieving market-rate returns. Investing globally across all impact sectors, our integrated strategy focuses on social impact in emerging markets and environmental impact in developed ones, through direct and co-investments in both debt and equity.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a professional (Associate) who will support funds controlling of BlueEarth's existing and future fund vehicles. The successful candidate will independently oversee the fund vehicle accounts and reporting produced in collaboration with the funds’ third-party administrator and other service providers. In this position you will work with internal and external stakeholders, as well as represent BlueEarth and its fund vehicles.
The position reports to BlueEarth's Funds Controller, VP, in the CEO Office and your responsibilities will include:
- Manage existing and future BlueEarth fund vehicles’ accounts, coordinating with the third-party fund administrator(s), reporting to the CEO Office, on:
- Fee & rebate management and reconciliation: control management of fee calculation and implementation in conjunction with third-party administration providers and BlueEarth group accounting function
- Expense management and reconciliation: control management of fund expenses, incl. recharging, AIFM, administrator, depository, and audit fees,
- Fund vehicle accounting oversight: semi-annual asset valuations and quarterly NAV reviews, incl. reconciliation of the quarterly Statement of Investments and portfolio cash flows
- Control and oversee delivery of deadline-driven fund reporting, incl. quarterly investment reports, & Capital Account Statements
- Annual funds’ financial statements and audit, incl. coordination and responding to auditor requests
- Operational coordination and oversight of all fund transactions; e.g. capital calls & distributions, closing rebalances, use of bridge financing, post-execution reconciliation
- Delivery of product obligations, e.g. quarterly accounts to funds’ bridge financing provider, annual statements to funds’ Swiss Representative
- Support in delivery of investor-level & fund tax and regulatory reporting with third-party service providers
- Support the fund vehicles' bank accounting requirements and relationships
- Represent the fund accounts and identify opportunities for improvement:
- Maintain, develop, and document processes, deliverables and related directives & policies (e.g. Valuations Directive, Cash Management Policy)
- Represent BlueEarth with internal and external stakeholders on fund account queries, including supporting Investor Relations on addressing investor inquiries
- Represent BlueEarth products’ accounts/financial statements to BlueEarth GPs and existing clients, and support new product development and set-up
We are looking for a professional with the ability and willingness to excel within a highly entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate should have:
- 3-5 years of relevant professional work experience in private markets or private equity/debt investments
- Understanding of private equity-specific accounting (e.g. fund lifecycle, closings, capital calls/distributions, carried interest, valuations)
- Experience/track record in fund controlling/accounting
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent academic credentials with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- Professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Self-motivated and proactive team player with entrepreneurial mindset and strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal, and written communication skills
- Business fluency in written and spoken English is required. German preferred but not essential
Joining BlueEarth Capital gives you a unique platform to contribute meaningfully to addressing global social and environmental challenges. As a Junior Funds Controller, you will:
- Drive Impact: Play a key role in managing funds that create tangible, measurable change.
- Skill Development: Sharpen your expertise in fund controlling and impact investing, setting you up for a diverse career trajectory.
- Team: Work alongside an inspiring, highly qualified and driven team of industry leaders, offering you the chance for rapid professional growth.
- Innovate: Contribute to internal processes and initiatives, impacting the firm's evolution in the fast-paced impact investment landscape.
With us, you’ll find a fulfilling, intellectually rigorous work environment, along with career advancement opportunities and a compensation package aligned with your performance.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful impact and accelerating your career in a dynamic work environment, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now to join our driven team and start making a difference!