We are a Berlin-based social enterprise specialized in sustainability services for commodity buyers. We leverage technology to provide comprehensive health coverage to small-scale producers. By offering our customers a solution that generates high-quality data to prove sustainability claims and ensure compliance reporting, we directly improve the health, productivity, and income of farming and artisanal mining communities in their supply chains. This approach fosters a resilient supply chain that enhances producer engagement and improves farmer retention rates.
We are an international team of senior engineers, medical doctors, supply chain experts, economists, and design thinkers. Our current focus is on customers sourcing from Sub-Saharan Africa (Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Madagascar) and Latin America (Ecuador, Venezuela) in cocoa, coffee, fresh fruits, and mineral supply chains.
We are looking for a Commercial Director driving the commercial success of Elucid by leading our business growth initiatives, executing effective sales strategies and positioning Elucid successfully as an innovative sustainability provider in a dynamic market. This pivotal role involves:
- Business Strategy and Growth: Lead and strengthen stakeholder relationships to enhance customer satisfaction and foster long-term partnerships. Drive strategic market research to identify new markets, trends, and growth opportunities. Actively seek new client and partnership opportunities to drive business growth and achieve revenue goals. Collaborate with our product development team to align our offerings with evolving market needs and customer demands.
- Sales and Financial Management: Drive revenue by developing and executing effective sales strategies focusing on customer acquisition and retention. Manage pricing and profit targets to align with our financial and sustainability goals.
- Marketing Strategy and Customer Relationship Management: Guide our marketing and commercial partnerships teams to support sales and increase brand awareness. Increase our market presence through strategic product positioning, marketing initiatives, and representation at business and networking events.
Education and Experience:
- Skills equivalent to a bachelor's degree or higher in relevant disciplines such as Economics, Finance, Marketing, or Business Administration. Relevant experience can replace the formal qualification.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial roles within the food ingredient/agricultural commodities sector (preferably coffee, cocoa, or fresh fruit), cosmetics and fragrance sector, or mining.
- Experience in procurement or supply chain sustainability, social impact, and social risk management in origin countries is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective communicator and negotiator.
- Understanding of product positioning and marketing strategies to effectively communicate social impact and sustainability topics.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment related to ethical and environmentally responsible sourcing practices, supply chain due diligence, and social risk management.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Proficiency in German, French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Why join us:
- Opportunity to promote the sustainability of global supply chains by directly improving the health and livelihoods of small-scale producers.
- Be part of a vibrant, diverse team that values integrity, teamwork, and responsibility.
- Experience a rewarding blend of remote work and a dynamic office environment.
- Competitive salary and attractive additional benefits.
How to apply:
If you are passionate about driving business growth while promoting sustainability and social impact in global supply chains we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2024.